PEN-CAFoRR Membership and Participation
There are several options how to participate in PEN-CAFoRR:
- As a Management Committee (MC) Member:
The MC is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and management of an Action. For each Action, up to two representatives per COST Member can be nominated to the MC. The full list of all PEN-CAFoRR MC Members can be found here. To participate as an MC, please contact the COST National Coordinator (CNC) of your country.
- As a Working Group (WG) Participant:
The WGs perform the tasks required by the Action to fulfil the objectives of the network project plan, as described in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). To participate as a working group member, please use the contact form.
- As a participant in Action activities:
PEN-CAFoRR will provide opportunities to get involved in activities through training schools, short-term scientific missions, ITC Grants, workshops, conferences, etc. For more information, see the dedicated sub-sections on these topics.
- As a non-COST country participant:
For participation from a COST Near Neighbour Countries (NNC) or COST International Partner Countries (IPC), check the details on the Cost Page on Global Networking. Furthermore, please use the contact form to get in touch with PEN-CAFoRR.
For more information, please visit the dedicated section on Participate in an ongoing Action by the COST Association.
WHY to join
- You will stay informed and will have first-hand access to new developments in the area of linguistic data science.
- You will learn about new methods and techniques (linguistic linked data, linked data-aware NLP, etc.) that will enrich your own work.
- You will find other researches and practitioners for sharing, discussing, and enriching your own research ideas.
- You will be able to find teams all around Europe that can host your research visits and you can be (partially) funded for this.
- You will participate in scientific meetings all around Europe where you will meet other PEN-CAFoRR researchers and where you will be able to align your research interests with the broader scope of the Action goals.
- You can participate in the training schools and scientific workshops and conferences organized by PEN-CAFoRR, at no registration cost and with the possibility of being reimbursed for your travel expenses.
- If you do research in an Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) and are a PhD or Early Career Investigator, you have the chance of getting conference grants for travelling to international conferences and present your PEN-CAFoRR-related work there.
- If you are a practitioner, you will be able to provide real application scenarios and datasets to which apply linguistic data science techniques.
How to register at e-COST:
- Click on picture above or use the link https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login
- If you do not have account already, create a new account:
- Fill in 5 steps of New Account Registration:
- Check your e-mail from e-COST registration
- Confirm your e-mail address by following activation link.
Forest Restoration Wiki site
ForestRestorationWiki is aiming to become a database comprising all relevant information regarding climate adaptive forest restoration and reforestation in Europe, including sources and availability of FRM, state-of-the-art methodologies and methods, current knowledge and tools and other products available on the market.